Thursday, July 1, 2010

Butterflies Are Here!

The commercial got my daughter, my daughter got my dad, and now we got butterflies! Grandpa bought my daughter one of those butterfly kits that you see on TV a few weeks ago and they've started to come out of their cocoons. We got one last night and woke up to 3 more butterflies this morning. We have 6 cocoons left so I am hoping that we will get to see at least one of them coming out of their cocoon.


















My daughter and I really enjoyed the whole experience and highly recommend the kit. She would get so excited about each stage the caterpillar went through. The butterflies are really friendly and it's really neat to watch them extent their proboscis to drink the sugar water we made them. If you ever plan to try it out, make sure you go to http://www.livebutterflygarden.com/. They give 5 more caterpillars for free, so a total of 10 caterpillars. Other websites only give 5 caterpillars even though they are from the same company, Insect Lore.


















We'll be setting them free this weekend into my mom's beautiful garden. Wonder how long before they fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment